5 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
IWD Inspirational Female Founders Spotlight: Dr Linda GreenwallDr Linda Greenwall is an international lecturer and an authority on tooth whitening and aesthetic dentistry. She also runs a multidisciplinary private practice in London where she specialises in restorative dentistry and prosthodontics.
In 2008, Linda launched and currently chairs the British Dental Bleaching Society (BDBS), which aims to lobby for changes in the controversial bleaching legislation and to educate dentists in tooth whitening. In 2011 she launched the Dental Wellness Trust (DWT), a charity aiming to raise dental awareness in less fortunate communities around the world. She is also one of the founder members of Women in Dentistry which helped become a change agent for some of the inequalities for women dentists, attaining pension rights and maternity rights for women dentists in the UK.
What would you love to share to encourage other women to start their own business?
· Step by step create a vision for your practice and business company
· Set the dream into motion
· Living in the present- focus on the positive
· What can be done now- take small steps along the way
· Live in the now- create joy and have fun daily
· One person and make a difference, don’t procrastinate- start now
What are your top 5 tips for entrepreneurial success?
· Create a plan to make it happen and set the goal
· Energise yourself and pinpoint your passion
· Set the goals for your life as well
· There will always be setbacks and challenges- they are there to stretch you to be better
· Learn from the mistakes, correct as you go along and don’t dwell on the negative
· Move forward with the plan, evaluate, monitor, reassess and continue upwards
Who are the 5 women who inspire you the most?
· The Queen
· Professor Sarah Gilbert- Oxford vaccine development
· DR Anna Blakeney- Imperial college vaccine development
· Emily Maitless – British journalist, documentary filmmaker and newsreader for the BBC
· Adele – the singer
What is your favourite saying/inspirational quote?
· Live in the present. The Present is the present – focus on the positive
· What can be done now? Take small steps along the way
· Seek joy in all that you do