The Successful Founder is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The Successful Founder is operated and run by Loveluxe Ltd which is registered in England and Wales.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is The Successful Founder email@example.com
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of The Successful Founder services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, article comments or comment subscription services, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name and email address.
By submitting your details, you enable The Successful Founder to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select/desire.
We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use (see the section on cookies below) which enables us to improve the service we provide.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site The Successful Founder (the Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our newsletter, posting comments on our articles, or contacting us.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– If you enter one of our competitions, we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
– Details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to The Successful Founder. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This information is limited to statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that helps us to improve the services and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
– Identify who you are and to access your account information;
– Estimate our audience size and patterns;
– Control how often visitors see similar ads; and
– Track preferences and to improve and update the Services.
Use Of Your Information
We will use your information to provide and personalise our service. We will also use your contact details to communicate our weekly newsletter with you, if you have opted in or entered one of our competitions. We may use your information to send you offers and news about The Successful Founder products and services. We will never sell your information to third parties without your prior consent. We may contact you by email for these purposes stated above.
If you have subscribed to the The Successful Founder’s magazines and newsletters, you will be provided with an unsubscribe link in every mail we send you, which can be used if the mailing does not suit your personal taste or requirements.
We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you by email. Again, if you do not want to be contacted for this purpose, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
To summarise, we may use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from The Successful Founder is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer or mobile device.
– To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the website from the UK or not.
– To provide our basic services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (such as signing up for our newsletter or subscribing to our magazine)
– To contact you about a comment/submission/suggestion you have made, including any content you provide.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
– We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or affiliate network partners, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users so they can make decisions on whether advertising with us would be beneficial.
When will The Successful Founder Contact Me?
We may contact you in these circumstances:
– In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver these services to you.
– Where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
– In relation to any contribution you have submitted on The Successful Founder website, leaving reviews or commenting on our articles.
– To let you know of any opportunities you may find interesting and useful.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. Likewise, if The Successful Founder or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Offensive Or Inappropriate Content: Disclosure Of Information
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on The Successful Founder or engage in any disruptive behaviour on any The Successful Founder service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there), Loveluxe Ltd may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not write down or share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long Will You Hold My Information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you cancel your registration as a The Successful Founder website user and your account is deleted, it will be removed immediately and automatically by the system.
Where you contribute material to The Successful Founder, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access To Information Held About You
Under the new Data Protection Laws you have the right to request a copy of the personal information The Successful Founder holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected at no cost to yourself. You will be required to provide two (2) pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
When you sign up to our email newsletter or magazines, the personal information that you fill in is saved on our third party email platform MailChimp. It must be pointed out that the information you submit will be transferred to MailChimp servers in the United States. Our email newsletter is emailed using MailChimp software and you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe by following the link in the email footer. You can also withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not share your contact details or sell, rent or lease it to any third party for such use.
Newsletter and Magazines Opt-out Process
You can unsubscribe from The Successful Founder magazines and newsletters at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the unsubscribe function in every email.