7 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Emily is a psychologist and coach for service based entrepreneurs who want to lead their businesses with more ease and profit. 20 years experience in the psychology and behaviour change space, and a decade of running her own successful coaching company, she works with high achieving entrepreneurs and founders to bring the gentle side of business back into their hustle.
What would you you’d love to share to encourage other women to start their own business?
Start with ease! You will be tempted to go for it with ALL your energy, and spend every waking moment thinking about it and actively doing it. But if you can allow yourself breathing space to set things up well, with some focus on your early aims, and how much capacity you REALLY have to spare, you’ll do yourself a massive favour. There’s no point in booming, busting and burning out!
What are your 5 top tips for entrepreneurial success?
1. Get focused every day. Minimise your to do list for that morning, that afternoon so you can get on with the exact thing you need to do and not be distracted
2. Be open to receiving – advice, feedback, criticism and validation. Take it all in – listen to what you want and throw the rest away
3. Build a level of resilience (because of number 2) – you will have hard days and you will need to learn how to adapt from them, move forwards swiftly (without pretending it didn’t happen) and come back stronger
4. Get money savvy very early on – you want to help people of course, but without knowing your numbers you’ll struggle to go past the first year. Well, even the first few months.
5. Get support – delegate, ask for mentorship and support your team – be KIND! These people will be your support network and help you thrive even more.
Who are the women who inspire you the most?
Our surrogate – she had my baby for me as I couldn’t due to cancer and infertility. My husband and I will never, ever, be able to thank her enough for giving us our daughter last year.
Kim Palmer Founder of Clementine App – overcame panic attacks to develop her own hypnotherapy app which is now internationally acclaimed and awarded.
Liana Wilson-Fricker Founder of Inspiration Space – true to her word on being a connector and chief inspirer
What is your favourite saying/inspirational quote?
“May we live and work with ease”
(adapted from self-compassion framework by Kristen Neff)
Website & Socials