8 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Terracotta Travel’s founder, Anna Mascaro is the perfect example of a hardworking, successful woman. She took the leap over 10 years ago, deciding to quit her corporate London job and begin a career in the travel industry. With multiple round-the-world trips in her repertoire, she decided to create a boutique travel agency dedicated to assisting discerning, worldly travellers realise their wildest travel dreams. Since then, she has designed unique, life-changing trips for over 500 high-end clients. Anna strives to make life-changing adventures easier for travellers, doing the hard work for them, allowing them to let their imagination wander and enjoy meaningful experiences. Anna believes that knowing your worth as a female is vital to starting a successful company. It can be hard to believe in yourself, but overcoming the fear of failing and putting in the hard work can make all the difference to whether your business takes off.
What are your 5 top tips for entrepreneurial success?
- Passion is key. If you do not live and breathe what you do, it will be very hard for you to overcome obstacles. Not only this, but creativity flows from passion, so loving what you create will benefit this.
- Be willing to continuously learn and adapt. The markets/industries change quickly, and flexibility is needed to succeed.
- Build a team that you love and trust. In the beginning it might just be you, but as your company grows it is vital that your team share the same values and passion to produce the best work.
- Utilise social media. In the present climate, there is little more important than a great social media strategy. This can be any easy way to build a loyal customer base, as well as interacting with other like-minded businesses.
- Challenge yourself. Taking a leap of faith can be very stressful, but it is important to get outside of your comfort zone as this is where the best growth happens.
Who are the 5 women who inspire you the most?
I’m inspired by powerful women that really own what they do, and work hard to ensure success.
Carmen de Burgos – Carmen, a Spanish journalist and woman’s rights activist, was a true pioneer and has inspired Anna’s passion for travel. She travelled alone, which was revolutionary at the time, and reported from war destinations. The perfect example of a fearless woman.
Ellen DeGeneres – A powerful woman, who is unapologetic about her success despite facing prejudice throughout her life. An inspiration to those who feel that they can’t succeed because they are “different”.
Michelle Obama – Michelle is famously the backbone behind her husband’s presidency. She works incredibly hard and gives back to those who need it.
Jennifer Lopez – She is a triple threat, with accolades in music, film and dance. She also found time to create several multi-billion-dollar businesses.
Jane Goodall – Jane has dedicated her life to the preservation and understanding of apes and their environment. This passion for wildlife and sustainability is also shared by Anna, who ensures responsible travel has priority in her business.
What is your favourite saying/inspirational quote?
“When you’ve worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed.”
Website & Socials
https://www.terracottatravel.com/ – Terracotta’s website is being rebranded and is due for imminent relaunch. Terracotta’s itineraries, insider guides and blog posts currently live on their vibrant medium page: https://medium.com/terracotta-travel