6 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Caroline Joynson is a PR Strategist and the founder of Cheerleader PR. Caroline helps passionate business owners get media coverage and PR to build relationships, raise their profile and make more sales. Caroline has worked in public relations for 20 years, in award-winning PR agencies, in comms teams and as a freelance PR consultant. She set up Cheerleader PR to empower passionate entrepreneurs to promote themselves with confidence and clarity, becoming their own best cheerleader in the process.
What would you love to share to encourage other women to start their own company”
“Starting your own company allows you to build a business around your passions, your values and your life. It is a chance to be in charge of your own destiny and build a business on your terms. It’s a rollercoaster but so is life and you’ll meet some amazing people along the way, building real connections and helping many. The sense of achievement is real as you have built it yourself. I wouldn’t change it for the world!”
What are your top 5 tips for entrepreneurial success?
- Your network is your net worth – build strong relationships with everyone you work with and they are highly likely to come and cheer you on when you go it alone.
- If you don’t ask you don’t get – you will have to put yourself forward for opportunities so develop your own unique pitch and get ready to put yourself out there.
- Clarity will give you the confidence to put yourself out there – get clear on what you want to be known for, what you stand for and what you want to be remembered for – and then you’re halfway there. This is the basis for doing your own PR.
- Everyone’s got to start somewhere – you can’t know everything when you start and you’ll learn as you go so don’t expect perfection – be kind to yourself and enjoy the journey.
- Build your personal brand so you have a strong identity out in the marketplace. Get branding advice and personal branding photography when you can so that you can build a professional brand which will support you as you grow.
Who are the 5 women who inspire you the most?
Carrie Green of The Female Entrepreneur Association – she showed me that building an online business was an option for me
Michelle Obama – her autobiography is mind-blowing
Kylie Minogue – talk about the longevity of a strong personal brand and a lifetime of hard work and determination
Denise Duffield-Thomas – her work on money mindset is so powerful and has helped so many
Mel Robbins – her ‘5 Second Rule’ is life-changing
What is your favourite saying / inspirational quote?
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.”
Website & Socials