5 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Mum of 3 Claire Sparrow is a Second Generation Pilates teacher, Pilates studio owner & Educator, specialising in women’s health with over 20 years experience. Claire is a straight-talking and inspiring Scottswoman with an inclusive and rigorous approach to teaching Pilates. She has an absolute passion for all things Pilates, building communities and inspiring and supporting women to discover the possibilities within themselves, all whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
What would you love to share to encourage other women to start their own business?
“We can create the life we want for ourselves, our families and communities by building the businesses that genuinely serves the needs and solves the problems in the world around us in creative and insightful ways. Each one of us has a unique perspective and something powerful to share with the world and when we are brave and share it we are not only empowering ourselves but our children, their children and the world. We owe it to our future selves to follow our dream to create a business so we live without regret!”
What are your top 5 tips for entrepreneurial success?
- Pivot and adapt to your business environment and the climate of the world as it changes.
- Speak the language of your ideal client in all your communications
- Be honest, be real, be you. People invest in people so your authentic self is enough for the client or customer you want to serve.
- Create your big vision based on your beliefs and values not a copy cat of anyone else’s then you will build a business with longevity
- Prioritise self care! Time out, time off and rest however that looks for you will make you function better, be more creative and produce the results you want.
Who are the 5 women who inspire you the most?
- My granny! Irene Hebbourn is number one for sure. She is 97 & in is like my best chum. She never settles or gives in. While in lockdown she got out her free weights to do arm exercises to stay strong.
- The late Mags Portman was a leading HIV/AIDS doctor and advocate for specialised drugs she had brought and distribute in the UK.
- Mary Slessor. A Scottish missionary in Nigeria who became a teacher and one of the first true advocates for women’s rights.
- Lolita San Miguel. My Pilates Mentor and Pilates Elder certified by Joseph Pilates has dedicate her life to continuing his work and at 87 is still teaching.
- My Friend and colleague Anna Crowle is Women’s health physiotherapist leading research into a radical new perspective on Pelvic Organ Prolapse and its treatment.
What is you favourite saying/inspirational quote?
“Every moment of your life can be the beginning of great things!”
Website & Socials