7 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Ieva Balciute is a serial entrepreneur with a great track record in founding and growing successful businesses across fashion and media sectors. Ieva has the unique background of having worked with top media industry talent, with award winning documentary filmmakers and cutting edge technologies prior to co-founding Aequem. The lack of transparency in the fashion industry as well as wanting to make a change and also buy better products inspired Ieva and she co-founded Aequem – the easiest way to shop sustainable fashion and lifestyle products. The now award winning project has quickly gained industry recognition and after 1.5 years since the launch has rapidly been growing and changing the landscape of the fashion industry.
What would you love to share to encourage other women to start their own business?
Starting your own business perhaps is not always easy but could be incredibly rewarding. From my point of you, if you choose to build a business in the area that you’re passionate about, it gives you the feeling that you’re working towards something that is important, usually gives you a stronger sense of purpose than working for someone else and most significantly allows you to work towards YOUR own dream. Also, if you’re successful, having your own business will help you build independence. Setting up a business these days is not that difficult, so why not try?
What are your top 5 tips for entrepreneurial success?
1. If you can, choose to build a business in a field that you’re passionate about (that way the long working hours will not feel so long)
2. Don’t be afraid to think out of the box and try new strategies, stay flexible and curious
3. Ask for help when you need it and dedicate as much as you can (it will help you to focus on the growth and creativity – no one built a successful business alone)
4. don’t forget to take at least a little time off for yourself
5. You will have good and bad days when running your own business – stay calm and positive. If you’re not sure about a decision, don’t rush – sleep on it.
Who are the 5 women who inspire you the most?
1. Michelle Obama
4. Whitney Wolfe Herd (CEO of Bumble)
5. Marie Curie
What is your favourite saying/inspirational quote?
”It is better to try and fail than fail to try.”
Website & Socials