2 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Here we’re featuring not one but three founders in the same company Beyond School: Jenn Miller is a qualified teacher, educational consultant and world schooling trailblazer. Lucy Power is a qualified Youth Worker, Social Worker and Coach extensively trained and experienced in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy. Lea Jovy-Ford is an ex management consultant, qualified NLP Practitioner, former personal trainer and holistic health coach AND a serial entrepreneur, business mentor, innovator, plus pioneer of the location independence and digital nomad movement.
These three inspirational ladies also hold expertise in mental health and wellbeing for children and adults, with Lucy specifically offering a range of learning opportunities to help support awareness, resilience and personal growth. All are passionate about helping shape the next generation of well-educated young people into a swell of community-minded and emotionally resilient people who are autonomous, self directed and ready for the future we are moving toward.
What can you share with other women to encourage them to start their own business?
You are unique; the closer to your truth you can live, the more you are likely and able to offer something new and transformative to our world.
That idea you’ve had forever, the one you keep dismissing…pay attention to it, take it seriously and do something with it. That’s how billionaire Sara Blakely started Spanx, it’s how many other women have started incredibly successful businesses because they believed – unwaveringly – in their idea when no-one else did.
What are your 5 top tips for entrepreneurial success?
- Be you, without shame or compromise. Only you can do you and you have an important message for your world.
- Show up EVERY day, be consistent and persistent.
- Know and accept that failure is normal, it’s an essential part of the journey.
- Own your space, fully and completely; whether that’s dominating the field you play on/in (with integrity and according to your own company values) or owning the spaces you inhabit, personally and professionally (with your own personal values).
- Surround yourself with people who show up in the way you want to show up in the world.
Who are the 5 women who inspire you the most?
- Brene Brown
- Sara Blakely
- Oprah Winfrey
- Dr. Nicole LePera
- Glennon Doyle
What are your favourite sayings/inspirational quotes?
“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate” (Carl Jung)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right. “ – Henry Ford
Website & Socials