3 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Vicky Wilson is the fab female founder of end-of-life-admin tech startup Settld, which is an online business which takes the stress out of notifying a death to multiple companies. Vicky has over 7 years of international management experience in Amazon, spanning marketing, operations, product and logistic roles. Vicky is also a recent graduate of the world’s premier pre-seed accelerator program, Founder Institute. She started Settld with her mother Julie, and the pair launched the free service earlier this year.
What they’d love to share to encourage other women to start their own company
Founding a startup is hectic, but it is so rewarding. Surround yourself with an outstanding team – you’ll need dedication, loyalty, and endless expertise – with shoulders to lean on for guidance, and sounding boards to hear your latest ideas. Be prepared for the best and the worst – good and bad problems will come at you in equal measure. Make sure you’re ready to solve problems, and don’t expect much sleep. Above all, be agile.
Their 5 top tips for entrepreneurial success
Be picky when selecting your team.
Be prepared for the best and be prepared to overcome the worst – solutions and problems will come at you in equal measure.
Rest when needed, but never stop.
The 5 women who inspire them the most
1. Jessica Cox – the world’s first licensed armless pilot, as well as the first armless black-belt in the American Taekwondo Association.
2. J.K Rowling – she started with nothing, and look at her now
3. Gertrude Ederle – the first woman to swim the English Channel, wearing motorcycle goggles: ‘I knew it could be done, it had to be done, and I did it.’
4. Marie Curie – two-time Nobel prize winning scientist, whose research into radioactivity saved countless lives.
5. My mum! – she backed my crazy idea and helped me build a business. What better mum could someone ask for?
Their favourite saying/inspirational quote
Alone I go faster, together we go further
Website & Socials