21 January 2021|Latest Posts, Marketing, PR, Promotion
There is a real increasing thirst for audio content over the past year or so… everyone wants to hang out at the newest, coolest venue in town…Clubhouse the new audio only social media platform, lost of people are launching podcasts – including the royals Meghan and Harry….
Audio and podcast launch expert Anna Parker-Naples said; “Audio content is so popular and is one of the best ways to stand out in your field.“
Anna is one of the UK’s leading audio and podcast launch experts, a number 1 International Podcast Host and best-selling author who is passionate about helping others amplify their message – and bring their message to their people. Her audio work has seen her win awards and walk the red carpet herself. She has helped others amplify their message and position themselves to be featured alongside the likes of; Tony Robbins, Joe Wicks, Jay Shetty, Fearne Cotton, Marie Forleo, Amy Porterfield, Tim Ferris, Gary Vaynerchuck.
She continues: “Anyone who is anyone in the online business space right now is moving towards launching a podcast and producing audio content. It is fast becoming the best way to educate, inspire and connect with potential and current clients as listeners go about their daily lives.
Podcasting is a medium that is growing at an unprecedented level and this was accelerated by the global pandemic… and it’s clear to see that there is a real increasing thirst for audio content. The industry is set to continue to surge and soar in popularity, at the start of 2020, Deloitte predicted that the global market would grow by 25 per cent to US$3.5 billion (£2.6 billion).
So where do you start… Anna shares 10 top tips to successfully launch your first podcast…
- Plan – The power of a podcast is in the planning stage. Who do you want to reach? What will they take away from your podcast?
- Research – Find out the big and smaller podcasters in your space and go and listen to them. Look at the way they describe their shows, listen to the intros, how to they present themselves?
- Name – This is so important – make sure your podcast name lets people know what to expect.
- Branding – The opening few seconds of your show can make or break whether a new listener stays… choose music that reflects the style and pace of your podcast – think about the opening words of your intro – make it short, punchy and to the point.
- Artwork – Seeing your artwork inside iTunes or Spotify is the first time potential listeners will come in contact with your show – ensure you draw them in and give the right impression.
- Record – Don’t get lost in tech. Purchase a microphone that is suitable for podcasting (Blue Yeti is a good place to start or a clip on lavalier microphone that attaches to your phone).
- Edit – I know editing software can look scary, but I promise you – you can edit your own show more easily than you may think. Start with free software such as Audacity.
- Host – You’ll need to choose a hosting platform to upload your audio tracks into. I recommend Libsyn – it is the most popular and reliable.
- Submit – Now this is the exciting bit – once you’ve got everything lined up in your host, you can submit to the major directories such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google. Once you’re approved, your show is immediately live!
- Promote – As soon as your show is live, it’s your chance to share with everyone you know the value you’re putting out – ask people to also review your show. Keep up the focused promoting until you hit the top of the charts!
Anna works with aspiring podcasters to launch chart topping, top ranking podcasts. Through her podcast production agency and The Podcast Membership which has been home to over 100 successful podcast launches since January 2020. To find out more please visit – www.annaparkernaples.co.uk
Follow Anna on:
Insta – https://www.instagram.com/annaparkernaples
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/AnnaParkerNaplesCoach
Twitter – @AnnaParkerNaple