6 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder
Hela is The Connectress. A charismatic catalyst who connects women brimming with entrepreneurial spirit. She is the soul of a power-brand led by women-for-women. Sister Snog (www.sistersnog.com) is an ecosystem where like-minded go-getters support each other so they can continue to thrive, boost their bottom line, supercharge their business and invigorate their brand. One sparkling connection at a time. Members are an eclectic mix who have the same thing in common – a burning desire to get on with life-&-business. And connect with as many like-minded-like-minds to help deliver their goals.
Hela is in daily contact with a cross section of business women so she both understands the challenges of being a small business owner and the challenges small business owners face. And conquer. On a daily basis. In Hela’s world connections are today’s golden currency. That’s why she believes everyone should find their tribe. And join it.
What would you love to share to encourage other women to start their own business?
Before I took the leap from working in the fast world of agency land I read The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. I’d get up and write my morning pages and worked my way through the book.
This is where my ideas germinated and my vision became brighter.
I also spoke to a number of people who were running their own business and had made the leap before me. There are no shortcuts to the school of hard knocks that everyone faces when they are running their own business but there are wise words and cautionary tales that may soften the blow
This was 20 years ago. It’s been quite an adventure.
One thing from The Artist’s way that has always kept me going was the idea that if you jump the net will appear.
What are your top 5 tips for entrepreneurial success?
- In Hela’s world connections are today’s golden currency. One person can open ten doors. Ten can open one hundred. That’s why she believes everyone should find their tribe. And join it. They’ll help you fly a little higher, swim a little faster, make your days rosier and help you boost your bottom line.
- Be financially savvy. If finances are not your best subject, invest in someone who is a wizz because you need to know your figures inside out so you stay in the black and manage your cash flow.
- Mark Twain famously said if the first thing you do in the morning is eat a live frog, you can go through the rest of the day knowing the worst is behind you. The frog is your worst task. Choose it the night before. Write it down. If there are two – go for the biggest first. Get into the frog eating habit and you’ll end up having a clearer mind and spending more time doing things you love.
- Take time out to work on your personal brand, signature style and how you want to be perceived. Personal branding is a vivid indication of the best you have to offer and the great differentiator between you and your competitors.Today what you know is important. Who you know is essential but who knows you is a game changer
- Watch one TED Talk a day. They will inspire, inform and ignite ideas. And who knows one day you’ll find yourself on the stage sharing your story : www.ted.com
Who are the 5 women who inspire you the most?
- Iris Apfel
- Faith Popcorn
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Pru Leith
- Madam CJ Walker
What is your favourite quote?
Follow your dreams. They know the way.
Website & Socials
Website : www.sistersnog.com
Twitter : @SisterSnog
Instagram : @totallyhela @sistersnog
Clubhouse : @totallyhela
Pinterest : https://www.pinterest.co.uk/sistersnog/_saved/