Home to The Successful Founder Print & Digital Magazine 
Advice Articles, Interviews, Founder & Brand Spotlights 
Home of The Most Advice-Feature-Rich Entrepreneurship Magazine Around
Marlena Cole

Female Founder Spotlight: Marlena Cole

7 March 2021|Latest Posts, Meet the Successful Founder

IWD Inspirational Female Founders Spotlight: Marlena Cole
IWD Inspirational Female Founders Spotlight: Marlena Cole

Marlena Cole is the published author of Renewing of Your Mind & Spirit for Marriage. She is a Certified Core Energy Life & Relationship Coach for ambitious, driven, professional women, helping them to create the life and relationships that they desire and deserve.

What would you love to share to encourage other women to start their own business?

There is nothing more important to me than spending time with my family and positively influencing my children with how I live life; when planning what I wanted the next 10-years of my life to look like, I realised that I was planning small and safe staying in Corporate America. 

M heart began to desire more freedom of time, energy, and money. That is when I started to explore having my coaching practice. I have found that my hearts love it, and having my coaching practice allows me the freedom of time, energy, and money that I never imagined. That will serve my family and me the best while also making a positive impact on others’ lives. 

What are your top 5 tips fo entrepreneurial success?

Get results fast: Knowing that your service or product will be a positive change in others’ lives is going to be the confidence boost you need when things get tough. It will be your true north.

Abundance Mindset: Having an abundance mindset in the sense that success is possible for you is 90% of the game of entrepreneurship. Marketing, strategy, tactics are the other 10%. Working on cultivating an unshakable abundant mindset is the first order of business before you start spending money on advertising or hiring a business coach. Knowing that you deserve to make an unlimited amount of money and capable of changing lives will make entrepreneurship fun, fulfilling, and impactful. 

Take Worth Off the Table: While your business is very personal to you, the “success” or “failure” of any project or product is unrelated to your intrinsic value as a person. It’s important to note that because you don’t always reach your goals and that inner critic can creep into your mind, and you will take it personally and then start to feel like you are not worthy or that the value you as a person is somehow impacted by not reaching your goals. Ensure that your value as a person never comes into play regardless of the outcome. 

Don’t Relay On Outside Validation: It’s easy to get caught up in likes, shares, comments, # of clients, or whatever business measurement you are using to reach your goals. While it is essential to know your business numbers and get brand awareness, it is critical to not see outside validation of your ability to impact. To judge your ability to impact the world based on the “outside” or “vanity” metric will leave you feeling afraid of rejection and doubting your intuition. 

Everything is a Test: I love knowing what I am doing before I do it. However, I have found that the greatest value and lessons learned have come through trial and error. Therefore, if you have an idea, plan, execute, and reevaluate quickly! Do not get stuck in analysis paralysis trying to figure out if it will work. Jump in, give yourself enough time to see if your test works, and then reevaluate, change what needs to be changed and then Jump back in!

Who are the five women who inspire you the most?

Danielle Leslie

Lisa Nichols

Michelle Obama

Charlene Flowers (My sister/best friend)

Jazzmine Davis (My Daughter)

Website & Socials


Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/marlenacole